It’s been ages since we have written a post about all the good things that have come our way. Since we’re creeping towards Thanksgiving, I thought it was about time to get back in the habit of recording our gratitude and positive vibes in this online space.
Side note: This is the first time I won’t be spending my favorite holiday celebrating with family and/or friends.. Europe, why oh why won’t you celebrate Thanksgiving?? Ok. I know why. But it would be nice…
Tyler and I spent a few moments this morning putting our heads together and coming up with an epic list of thanksgiving. Here are [just some of ] the good things we’ve enjoyed during our travels thus far:
– pizzas the size of our heads in Italy (for 4 euros)
– beers for 25 cents (sense a theme? ;))
– cheap transportation around an entire continent (who knew Europe could be cheap?!)
– dogs that are super cuddly
– learning about history in Germany
– feeling blessed at the ways we as Americans of this generation have avoided war on our soil
– seeing so many family members that I hadn’t seen in years
– getting to see my cousin’s [super cute] son for the first time and becoming his new favorite people (ok so any new people are his new favorite but it feels good to have kids love you)
– the hospitality of friends and family
– having a personal tour guide make our visit to Germany unexpectedly awesome (thanks Claudia!)
– unusually wonderful and warm weather this season.. we’ve seen European autumn at its finest!
– lots of time together, which leads to…
– lots of time to talk about ourselves, our plans for the year, and our plans for the future, which leads to…
– lots of time to argue intensely, which leads to…
– lots of time to work on our communication and grow closer together in our marriage
– finalizing plans for spending our Christmas and New Years with people we love!!!! in a city we love!!!
So while I go off and scheme on how to make my Thanksgiving extra special with just the two of us, you take a few minutes and jot down some good things you’ve experienced lately. Share some with us if you’d like!
Check out other people’s good things at the grateful heart linkup.